The Cathedral’s Vestry and staff have been hard at work developing a regathering plan that will allow people to return joyfully and safely to our church building. The Bishop accepted our proposal the second week of April.
We are pleased to announce that in-person Sunday worship resumed on Sunday, May 2, with the following precautions:
- In-person Sunday worship is limited to 25% capacity at 8 am, 10 am, and 1 pm. The 10 am and 1 pm services also will be streamed online. Services may be moved outdoors to the lawn if COVID positivity rates and 14-day average case numbers in Marion County remain at unadvisable levels.
- For anyone not ready or able to gather indoors, we will offer a 4 pm bilingual service outdoors on Sundays.
- The Holy Eucharist will be celebrated, in accordance with the Bishop’s directions and guidelines, with Communion of the people in bread only.
- The Peace will be exchanged symbolically.
- Attendees must pre-register for each service. Registration allows us to contact attendees directly and efficiently in case plans change.
- Attendees should use the St. Francis door (closest to the Columbia Club). Arrival times will be staggered to reduce congestion. Note the arrival time when you select your tickets online.
- Masks, social distancing, and refraining from singing will be required at all times. Attendees will be asked to confirm they and their household have not experienced COVID-19 symptoms or been exposed to COVID-19 before entering the Nave.
- The Nursery, Children’s Areas, and Parish Hall will be closed, with the exception of a small changing area/children’s restroom.
This plan is contingent on a continued decline in COVID-19 cases and positivity rate in Marion County.
May through June
To register for a service through June, click on a service time listed below. You then will be prompted to select a date and your preferred arrival time. Tickets must be reserved by the Wednesday prior to any given Sunday. If COVID-19 cases and positivity rate in Marion County do not meet requirements, CCC staff may move all services outdoors for the safety of all attendees. Please watch your email for any updates.
Pentecost Sunday, May 23
On Pentecost Sunday, May 23, we will offer one bilingual live service at 11 am in lieu of 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm services. This service will be held outside at Military Park. Attendees must bring their own lawn chairs or picnic blankets. Register for Pentecost Sunday here.
IUPUI has offered free parking at the surface lot on the northeast corner of New York St. and N. Blackford St. Find additional parking options at downtownindy.org. CCC will validate parking at Express Park as usual for anyone who want to walk that far.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility as we navigate this new stage in our church life.
If you reserved your tickets in advance and find you cannot attend as planned, please log in to your Eventbrite account to cancel your order. Doing so before the reservation deadline (Wednesday night) will make it possible for others to attend in your place.