About the Festival
The annual Strawberry Festival is CCC’s largest fundraiser, and proceeds—which number in the tens of thousands—go directly to local, national, and international organizations.
Each year, the Cathedral Women solicit volunteers to gather in the church kitchen to make almost 20,000 shortcakes from scratch. On the second Thursday of June, dozens of volunteers report to the church to serve “The Works,” including homemade shortcake, vanilla ice cream, strawberries galore, and whipped cream. The Strawberry Festival team is working hard to determine the safest way to create and serve these beloved treats.
Learn more about the annual Strawberry Festival at indystrawberryfestival.org.
In 2019, the organizations below benefited from the proceeds of the Strawberry Festival:
- Damar Services
- New Beginnings
- Random Acts of Flowers Indianapolis
- Resources of Hope, Inc.
- The Well at Sychar Project, Inc.
- Westminster Neighborhood Services
- YMCA at the Athenaeum
- St. Philip’s Episcopal Church (Pantry)
- Exodus Refugee Immigration, Inc.
- IWIN Foundation
- Joy’s House
- Noble of Indiana
- Peace Learning Center
- Project Alianza
- Putnam County Non-food Pantry (St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church)
- School on Wheels
- St. Vincent de Paul of Brown County
Learn about the grant application process at www.cccindy.org/resources/grants.