- defining and articulating the mission of the congregation
- supporting the this mission by word and deed
- select a rector after a vacancy
- attending Sunday worship regularly and monthly Vestry meetings
- overseeing the health of finances and buildings
- encouraging the congregation to support the ministry of Christ Church financially and spiritually
- participating in church functions and outreach activities
- contributing to strategic goals of the congregation
- being knowledgeable on matters of the church and willing to serve as a resource to members
Vestry members do not represent constituencies, but we do need a Vestry that reflects the diverse perspectives of our congregation and with different and complementary gifts and skills. The nomination committee is currently receiving names of potential nominees to run for Vestry. Typically five or six persons are nominated for three open seats. The election is held at the Annual Parish Meeting and on the following Sunday.
Do you know someone who would make a good member of the Vestry and is ready to fulfill the responsibilities of Vestry member? To be eligible for election according to our by-laws, one must be a pledging, confirmed communicant member in good standing.
If you would like to nominate someone, please contact the Senior Warden David Baldwin.