“It is a Christian obligation to vote, and more than that, it is the church’s responsibility to help get souls to the polls.” -Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all voters engagement activities will be virtual in 2020. You, like me, believe God calls us to build a multi-racial beloved community that advances a future where families of all races in Indiana thrive. Yet, almost daily, our families, churches, and communities are bombarded by a toxic worldview that seeks to stoke racial and economic anxiety for political gain.
How do we, as prophetic leaders, talk about race, voting, and economic hardship in a way that brings people together?
- Equip ourselves to engage simultaneously around race and class in ways that strengthen social solidarity, reduce division among race and class lines and call out scapegoating
- create viable alternative narratives, rooted in our values
- Make plans to advance this prophetic narrative in our faith communities and across Indiana
Now till Aug 12th: Recruit House Meeting Hosts
• Aug 13: State-wide Leaders Assembly: Propose Voter Program
• Aug 17- Sept 3: Virtual House Meeting Trainings to recruit volunteers for canvass program (3 weeks)
• Sept 3: Leaders Assembly: Digital Rally Launches Voter Program: Volunteer shifts confirmed
Please email The Rev. Fatima Yakubu-Madus if you are interested or have questions